We promised you an update on the office situation as soon as we knew anything. Well, the cloud has moved but not in the way we had hoped. As you know we were waiting for the amended lease to be forwarded to us and as far as we were aware the building was still on hold for us. However, just yesterday we were told that the premises seemed to be being used by another company. I contacted the letting agent who told me that it was still vacant but the delay was due to the fact that the paperwork for change of use from residential to commercial had not been completed and this had not been as straightforward as originally thought. The agent seemed shocked to hear that the premises seemed to be occupied and he promised to look into the situation. This morning he contacted me to say that the owner of the property had rented it out without his knowledge and it was indeed occupied. However, the change of use to commercial premises was still not complete. It seems the owner has breached his contract with the letting agent and those occupying the premises are doing so illegally.
As you can imagine, we are yet again very disappointed and whilst we are a little frustrated on the outside that we have missed out yet again, yet we have a peace that God has a purpose even though we're not quite sure what that is. One good thing is that we have added confidence in the letting agent who seems to want to do the right thing and make sure all of the legal documents are in order. He has a similar property to let in another area and Pastor Aringo hopes to view that very soon.
And so it begins again....the search for the place of God's choosing. Disppointed yes, but we prayed that God would only bring us forward if it was His will and so we have to accept how this has turned out. We know that God has a place for us and moving is still a priority. We thank God for how He has provided this far for the new office and we know that the remaining amount needed will be there just when it is needed.
As the office move didn't go ahead as we had hoped, we didn't travel to Kenya at Easter as that was the main purpose of the proposed visit. We are now looking to the summer for a longer trip and ask you to pray that God will provide and enable us to book our flights very soon.
Thank you for your continued support. Please continue to make the office a matter for prayer.
Read on for...
regular updates and thoughts from Northern Ireland and Africa...